Tkinter Status on OSX

stephen stephen at blackroses.com
Sun Oct 21 14:48:18 EDT 2007

Hey guys,
  What is that status of Tkinter on OSX (10.4.10)? I have tried several
installations (Python 2.4.4, 2.5 and 2.5.1) all from the
official distro sites and others each version has the same major
issue.Theproblem is simple to recreate,
use any of the simple sample code available here:
http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/introduction/x5819-patterns.htm
The menu widgets never display...When I literally cut and paste this same
code into a VMWare image (windows and linux)
the same code executes as you'd expect it, all the widgets display and work
properly....literally the same code cut and
pasted from OSX into windows/linux Vmware images, gets different results.

--
Zenapse.org