Parallel insert to postgresql with thread

Abandoned besturk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 07:00:44 EDT 2007

Hi..
I use the threading module for the fast operation. But i have some
problems..
This is my code sample:
=================
conn =
psycopg2.connect(user='postgres',password='postgres',database='postgres')
cursor = conn.cursor()
class paralel(Thread):
    def __init__ (self, veriler, sayii):
        Thread.__init__(self)
    def run(self):
         save(a, b, c)

def save(a,b,c):
            cursor.execute("INSERT INTO keywords (keyword) VALUES
('%s')" % a)
            conn.commit()
            cursor.execute("SELECT
CURRVAL('keywords_keyword_id_seq')")
            idd=cursor.fetchall()
            return idd[0][0]

def start(hiz):
    datas=[........]
    for a in datas:
        current = paralel(a, sayii)
        current.start()
And it gives me different errors to try parallel insert. My querys
work in normal operation but in paralel don't work.
How can i insert data to postgresql the same moment ?
errors:
no results to fetch
cursor already closed