Real time plot

Hendrik van Rooyen mail at microcorp.co.za
Fri Oct 5 03:18:00 EDT 2007

 "Jean-Francois Canac" <jfcan...e.fr> wrote:

"Hendrik van Rooyen" <m,,,,.co.za> a écrit dans le message de news:

>> I would draw dots on a suitably sized Tkinter canvas, after drawing a
>> schematic
>> of the race track (laborious).
>>
>> 20 per second will be no problem, provided the machine is half decent.
>>
>> What is the speed at which the com port runs?
>>
>> - Hendrik
>>
>The com port run at 19.2 kb/s.
>My pb is more the real time aspect: to see the plot changing in real time
>than the com aspect as the installation is already running with programs in
>c++.
>The PC on which it is running is good enought
>For me the interest is to migrate all taht on python to be able to make fast
>changes when it is of interest

Doing the plotting should not be a problem - the interesting bits will be
to associate the data with the plot, so that you can click to "drill down"
to see the speed, etc.

Or maybe you should do two things at once - show the position of the car
on the track, and a running graph of the variables of interest.

In a sense, plotting on a canvas is a fairly simple co ordinate transformation
problem.

HTH - Hendrik
- Hendrik