Python Windows Installation

TheFlyingDutchman zzbbaadd at aol.com
Mon Oct 29 05:30:37 EDT 2007

I finally gave up trying to install to c:\Python25 and went with the
install to C:\.  However, I tried to install a module called pywin32
(Python for Windows Extensions) and after recognizing that the Python
installation was in C:\ and saying it would install to C:\LIB\SITE-
PACKAGES, it would then blow up. This was consistently repeatable.
Seeing PythonWin mentioned regarding pywin32 reminded me of the
ActiveState distribution of Python as I knew that came with
PythonWin.

After uninstalling the python.org Python from C:\, I was able to
successfuly install the ActiveState Python distribution to C:
\Python25.