Going past the float size limits?

jimmy.musselwhite at gmail.com jimmy.musselwhite at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 19:29:34 EDT 2007

On Oct 26, 6:56 pm, "Chris Mellon" <arka... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/26/07, jimmy.musselwh... at gmail.com <jimmy.musselwh... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello all
> > It would be great if I could make a number that can go beyond current
> > size limitations. Is there any sort of external library that can have
> > infinitely huge numbers? Way way way way beyond say 5x10^350 or
> > whatever it is?
>
> > I'm hitting that "inf" boundary rather fast and I can't seem to work
> > around it.
>
> What in the world are you trying to count?

The calculation looks like this

A = 0.35
T = 0.30
C = 0.25
G = 0.10

and then I basically continually multiply those numbers together. I
need to do it like 200,000+ times but that's nuts. I can't even do it
1000 times or the number rounds off to 0.0. I tried taking the inverse
of these numbers as I go but then it just shoots up to "inf".