Python Windows Installation

Wildemar Wildenburger lasses_weil at klapptsowieso.net
Fri Oct 26 09:36:48 EDT 2007

Bjoern Schliessmann wrote:
> Wildemar Wildenburger wrote:
>> Bjoern Schliessmann wrote:
>
>>> Which I don't understand (works best for me, and is best practice
>>> in Windows).
>>
>> Best practice? Says who?
>
> Ok, LOL. So, now you expect me to cite some official source? Despite
> the fact that the vast majority of windows installers on this
> planet use "%PROGRAMFILES%\Program Name" as default installation
> path, particularly the ones for Microsoft's programs?

Of course, but that would constitute "common practice". "Best practice"
in my book is the one that causes the least trouble, which
names-with-whitespace clearly don't. Though by this day and age, I admit
that programs causing the trouble are the culprits and can be declared
broken, not the admission of whitesapce.

/W
(God I seem humorless in this one ... ;))