Command-line does work when scheduled

Martin P. Hellwig mhellwig at xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 5 05:44:53 EDT 2007

Jim wrote:
> On Sep 30, 6:16 pm, Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfr... at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 07:42:56 -0700, Jim <jscre... at compuserve.com>
>> declaimed the following in comp.lang.python:
>>
>>> What else could be wrong?
>>> Thanks,
>>         Possibly those associations are only defined for your login account,
>> and not active for the "account" that the task scheduler is running
>> under?
>> --
>>         Wulfraed        Dennis Lee Bieber               KD6MOG
>>         wlfr... at ix.netcom.com             wulfr... at bestiaria.com
>>                 HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/
>>         (Bestiaria Support Staff:               web-a... at bestiaria.com)
>>                 HTTP://www.bestiaria.com/
>
> As far as know, since I'm the major user of my PC it runs under my
> account (computer administrator).   It even asked for the password for
> my account when I added this scheduled task.
> Any further ideas?
> Thanks,
> Jim

It could be the scheduler might execute the job as the local system
account (which isn't that by default and I doubt that this is the
problem). If your configuration are not globally they won't be picked up
by that account. Meaning you should set the environment variables not on
user level but system level.

However I have observed some weird issues with scheduler too in the
past, especially when the job is executed while the job owner is not
logged on, apparently the full users profile is not available then.
But that behavior seems to differ on the various windows incarnations
and the color of the moon.

I solved my problem by running the scheduling program not in scheduler
but in cron, but I doubt that is applicable for you :-)

This post doesn't really help much but perhaps it gives some insights on
the problem.

--
mph