IDLE and opening with Python 2.5

Tony Mullen mullen at tsuda.ac.jp
Tue Oct 16 01:38:44 EDT 2007

Hello,

I have several problems. I have installed 2.5.1 on Windows XP.  I had
a previous installation of Python 2.4 which, in trying to solve the
first problem I uninstalled.  At present, as far as I know, I only
have 2.5.1 installed.

Python itself seems to work.  If I click python.exe it runs.  However,
it does not appear in my start menu and I cannot set it as the default
application to open .py files.

Since uninstalling Python 2.4 (I have since installed 2.5.1 and
rebooted several times) I can also no longer run IDLE.

Any ideas where I am going wrong here?

Thanks,

Tony