[Pyro] ConnectionClosedError

George Sakkis george.sakkis at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 16:22:04 EDT 2007

Didn't have much luck with this in the Pyro mailing list so I am
trying here, just in case. I have a Pyro server running as a daemon
process and occasionally (typically after several hours or days of
uptime) a ConnectionClosedError is raised when a client calls a remote
method. Both client and server run on the same machine, so I don't
think it's an actual network connectivity issue. The problem is that
once this happens, it is persistent; retrying to call a few times does
not work although the server process is still alive. The current
"solution" is to manually kill the server and restart it but obviously
this is not ideal. Is there a way to either prevent or at least
recover automatically the server when it hangs ?

George