how to get my own namespace ?

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 16:52:02 EDT 2007

stef mientki wrote:
> I want to view my own namespace,
> i.e. to see the modules namespace in the module itself,
> is that possible ?
>
> I can use
>    dir()
> but I read dir is just a convenience function,
> and besides I want key/value pairs.

vars() will give you a dictionary copy of the local namespace, but modifying it
won't modify the namespace.

globals() will give you the module's namespace as a dictionary which you can modify.

locals() will give you the local namespace (wherever you happen to be), but you
may be restricted from modifying that dictionary in some circumstances.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco