vote for Python - PLEASE

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 12:10:27 EDT 2007

Monty Taylor wrote:
> MySQL has put up a poll on http://dev.mysql.com asking what your primary
> programming language is. Even if you don't use MySQL - please go stick
> in a vote for Python.

I agree with others that voting here if you don't use MySQL is *not* a
good idea. That said, I still appreciate the notice - I have used MySQL
occasionally, and I've *always* used the Python bindings. But I don't
pay any attention to the MySQL homepage, so I never would have known
about the poll.

Next time, simply posting the URL and letting us know that it's targeted
at people using MySQL should be sufficient.

STeVe