Help ctypes on arm linux not compile

Samuel M. Smith smithsm at samuelsmith.org
Tue Oct 30 10:55:38 EDT 2007

Sorry, thats a typo. Its python 2.5.1. as the error messages indicate.

On 30 Oct 2007, at 02:55 , Thomas Heller wrote:

> Samuel M. Smith schrieb:
>> I have built python 1.5.1 from source for an embedded ARM9 debian
>> linux Sarge distribution but
>> ctypes doesn't build.  Anybody have any idea what the problem is? Do
>> I have to have the libffi package
>> installed.
>> See my errors below.
>
> ctypes won't work with Python 1.5 because it uses new style
> classes, introduced in Python 2.2.
> It uses other, newer features additionally, so it requires Python
> 2.3 at least.
>
> Then, the included libffi package doesn't support ARM, you need a
> newer libffi
> version.
>
> I think that the current Python 2.5 sources, from SVN, should work.
>
> Thomas
>
> --

Samuel M. Smith Ph.D.
2966 Fort Hill Road
Eagle Mountain, Utah 84005-4108
801-768-2768 voice
801-768-2769 fax
"The greatest source of failure and unhappiness in the world is
giving up what we want most for what we want at the moment"