ANN: PyPE 2.8.7

Josiah Carlson josiah.carlson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 11:38:37 EDT 2007

On Sep 26, 12:50 am, stef <s.mien... at id.umcn.nl> wrote:
> thebjorn wrote:

> >> sounds very good,
> >> so now I want to try it ...
> >> ... the windows ansi zip file is corrupted :-(
> >> ... the unicode version crashes :-(
>
> >> This is what the log file tells:
> >> Traceback (most recent call last):
> >>   File "pype.py", line 110, in ?
> >>   File "zipextimporter.pyc", line 78, in load_module
> >>   File "configuration.pyc", line 149, in ?
> >> Exception: Unable to create config directory: 'G:\\.pype'
>
> >> I don't have a G-drive ;-)
>
> >> cheers,
> >> Stef Mientki
>
> > You must be doing it wrong.
>
> Of course ;-)
> but what am I doing wrong ?
> cheers,
> Stef
>
> > Works flawlessly for me (no g: drive here
> > either) -- well, except that it doesn't have Emacs keybindings <wink>.
>
> > -- bjorn

We ended up emailing directly.  His problems were related to less-than-
correct HOME, USERPROFILE, HOMEDRIVE, and/or HOMEPATH values.

When such things happen, users can either fix their profile paths, or
run PyPE with --standalone, which will force the profile path to be
the same path as the path that PyPE is running out of.

Also, the original PyPE 2.8.7 ansi upload was incomplete, which I
remedied shortly thereafter (and later replaced with PyPE 2.8.8).