win32com COMAdminCatalogObject Value method

rc chlo.prog at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 10:04:31 EDT 2007

I'm trying to convert VB code that registers COM+ components to
Python. However, I'm unable to set values on COMAdminCatalogObject
using the Value() method, it seems to think I'm trying to call the get
method.

VB Code:
Dim cat As COMAdminCatalog
Set cat = New COMAdminCatalog
Dim apps As COMAdminCatalogCollection
Set apps = cat.GetCollection("Applications")
Dim app As COMAdminCatalogObject
Set app = apps.Add
app.Value("ID") = AppID

Python Code:
objCOMAdminCatalog =
win32com.client.Dispatch("COMAdmin.COMAdminCatalog")
objApplications = objCOMAdminCatalog.GetCollection("Applications")
objCOMAdminCatalogObject = objApplications.Add()
print "ID", objCOMAdminCatalogObject.Value("ID")  #This is returning
the random ID
# app.Value("ID") = AppID # SyntaxError: can't assign to function call
objCOMAdminCatalogObject.Value("ID", AppID) #Exception thrown

Returns the following error:
TypeError: Value() takes at most 2 arguments (3 given)