How popular is Django ?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Oct 2 10:59:42 EDT 2007

"Thomas Guettler" <guettli.usenet at thomas-guettler.de> wrote in message
news:5mcgniFcjc00U1 at mid.individual.net...
seb.haase at gmail.com wrote:

| comp.lang.python is a usenet group.

which means that it is independently hosted on newsservers around the
world.
It is also a mailing list hosted by python.org and a gmane group.

|django-users is a mailinglist hosted by google.

|The number of django-users subscribers can be calculated by google.
|But the number of comp.lang.python users can only be guessed.

Unless Google claims otherwise, I would assume that '11000' is only the
number of people who access c.l.p via Google.  And if they did so claim, I
would want to see the algorithm before giving it any credence.

tjr