vote for Python - PLEASE

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Fri Oct 19 11:45:42 EDT 2007

On 2007-10-18, Monty Taylor <monty at inaugust.com> wrote:

> MySQL has put up a poll on http://dev.mysql.com asking what your primary
> programming language is. Even if you don't use MySQL - please go stick
> in a vote for Python. I'm constantly telling folks that Python needs
> more love, but PHP and Java are kicking our butts...
>
> (I know the world would be a better place if the poll were honest, but
> I'd rather that people got the message that they should do more python
> development work!)

What makes you think that faking a poll will send that message?

Even though Python is way ahead, you've probably ruined it for
us.  I suspect the folks at MySQL will ignore or discount the
results when they find out you've solicited fradulent votes
from the Python community.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I just got my PRINCE
                                  at               bumper sticker ... But now