Convert string to command..

Abandoned besturk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 13:01:12 EDT 2007

On Oct 18, 7:40 pm, Hrvoje Niksic <hnik... at xemacs.org> wrote:
> Abandoned <best... at gmail.com> writes:
> > Sorry i can't understand :(
> > Yes my database already has data in the "{..}" format and i select
> > this and i want to use it for dictionary..
>
> But, do you use Python to create that data?  If so, simply convert it
> to pickle binary format instead of "{...}".  As explained in my other
> post:
>
> > id-1 | all
> > 56    {68:66, 98:32455, 62:655}
>
> If you use Python to create this cache table, then simply don't dump
> it as a dictionary, but as a pickle:
>
> id-1 | all
> 56     <some weird string produced by cPickle.dumps>
>
> When you load it, convert the string to dict with cPickle.loads
> instead of with eval.

Yes i understand and this very very good ;)
But i have a problem..
a=eval(a)
a=pickle.dumps(a, -1)
cursor.execute("INSERT INTO cache2 VALUES ('%s')" % (a))
conn.commit()

and give me error:

psycopg2.ProgrammingError: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8":
0x80
HINT:  This error can also happen if the byte sequence does not match
the encoding expected by the server, which is controlled by
"client_encoding".