if..else stmt

J. Cliff Dyer jcd at sdf.lonestar.org
Mon Oct 22 06:54:38 EDT 2007

bigden007 wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a if..else statement in my script. The statements all execute
> fine, but the problem is , even if the IF part of the statement is
> true, the else part executes as well. The verion of pythin i use 2.5
> Any help is appreciatiated.
>
> Regards
>
> Big Den.

Your else statement is incorrectly indented.  The interpreter treats it
as part of the for-loop construct inside the if statement rather than as
part of the if statement itself.  See the recent thread about for-else
constructs for more details.

If your problem is not obvious yet, make sure you aren't mixing spaces
and tabs.

:)