ConfigParser preserving file ordering

Frank Aune Frank.Aune at broadpark.no
Thu Oct 18 19:23:38 EDT 2007

Hello,

I use ConfigParser and actually quite like it, EXCEPT that it doesnt preserve
the section order of the original config file when writing a new. This
behaviour is hopeless IMO, and I've been looking for alternatives.

I've been reading the interesting discussion on python-dev about improvements
to ConfigParser:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2006-January/060138.html

I know there are patches to archieve what I want, but tbh I need functionality
present in the standard library or as a last option sub-class ConfigParser to
archieve ordering preservation.

Since the thread above is nearly two years old, I'm wondering if something has
happended in this department?

Thanks,
Frank