why doesn't have this list a "reply-to" ?

Peter Decker pydecker at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 20:46:25 EDT 2007

On 10/16/07, stef mientki <stef.mientki at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm always have great difficulties, replying to this beautiful and
> helpful list.
>
> When I hit the reply button,
> the message is sent personally to the sender and not to the list.
> I've subscribed to dozen's of lists,
> and all have an "reply-to" address, that points to list and not to the
> individual.

Don't you write your applications so that the default behavior isn't
what is expected?

I'm writing this message to the *list*, not to you. Anyone who gets it
only gets it from the *list*, not from me. Pretending that this
message in your inbox is not from the list is just silly.

The only people who defend this practice usually don't use the email
interface anyway. They're also the people who whine about keeping
replies on the list.

But hey, we have to sacrifice the practical and useful in the name of
enforcing some standards that make little if any sense.

--

# p.d.