C++ version of the C Python API?

Martin Marcher martin at marcher.name
Tue Oct 23 04:38:57 EDT 2007

2007/10/21, Robert Dailey <rcdailey at gmail.com>:
> On 10/21/07, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> > No, I literally meant that the Python C API is object-oriented.
> > You don't need an object-oriented language to write object-oriented
> > code.
>
> I disagree with this statement. C is not an object oriented language,
> and I've seen attempts to make it somewhat object oriented, however it
> failed miserably in readability and manageability overhead.

just FYI. What about the linux kernel? It's (in large parts) perfectly
designed by OO principles (the vfs for example). And I can't remember
that it was written in C++.

Make a struct with some funtion pointers in it and you are at a basic
OO level. the pointers could then manipulate the variables in the
struct (remember a C++ struct ist just a class with all things being
public).

How does that differ from python? - I can't remember having visibility
modifiers in python.... (so that would lead to that python isn't
object oriented as any programmer could at any time directly
manipulate any method/variable/whatsoever of your classes)

--
http://noneisyours.marcher.name
http://feeds.feedburner.com/NoneIsYours