How to create a file on users XP desktop

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Tue Oct 9 04:24:53 EDT 2007

Tim Golden wrote:
> FWIW, the pywin32 distribution itself also comes with a local
> .chm file. But aside from that, there have been several abortive
> attempts -- including by Mike & myself! -- to get some kind of
> online help going for pywin32, but nothing's really gained traction,
> and we've all got more interesting things to be doing...

To show willing :) I've added a howto on this subject to my
occasionally-updated list of Python win32 howto-s:

   http://timgolden.me.uk/python/win32_how_do_i/get-the-desktop-folder.html

and a bonus, also from the shell area:

   http://timgolden.me.uk/python/win32_how_do_i/browse-for-a-folder.html

I usually manage to do a few of these at one go once I gather
momentum, so hopefully I'll add a few more in today or tomorrow.

TJG