EasyMock for python ?

Andrew Durdin adurdin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 10:27:20 EDT 2007

On 10/12/07, Ben Finney <bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au> wrote:

> I've had good results with Ian Bicking's 'minimock.py'
> <URL:http://blog.ianbicking.org/minimock.html>. It uses the existing
> 'doctest' functionality for its output, and a minimock.Mock will mock
> *everything* (using further Mock instances for attributes and methods)
> unless explicitly told otherwise.

One problem I can see with the current implementation of using
minimock + doctest is that if you have more than one mock object
needed for a particular function call in a test, the output from each
mock will be interleaved;  there should really be some way to use
minimock so that you can output a call log from each mock individually
after calling the function to test.

Of course, that might need to be a feature in
still_small_but_slightly_large_than_minimock.py ;-)

Andrew