traceback over C API and PyObject_CallObject

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Oct 19 19:14:22 EDT 2007

En Fri, 19 Oct 2007 13:53:03 -0300, Sami Vaisanen <ensiferum_ at hotmail.com>
escribió:

> Hello group,
>
> I'm trying to get the Python exception information (message and
> traceback)
> stored into a string in my C++ code. However all i get back is the string
> "None".

This is what you get (actually "None\n") when there is no error set.

> All the checks pass and all pointers get a value from the python
> API calls. I've also tried with a different function such as
> PyObject_CallFunctionObjArgs but the result is the same.

Since you already know the three components (type, value, trace), I'd use
traceback.format_exception instead (and remove the PyErr_Restore call -
I'm unsure if it works the way you expect it).
In this case you have to pass three arguments, so yes, use
PyObject_CallFunctionObjArgs (remember the final NULL). Beware:
format_exception returns a formatted list, not a string. You have to
concatenate all the elements (either using ''.join or repeteadly calling
PyString_Concat)

--
Gabriel Genellina