Failure to connect in SimpleXMLRPCServer/xmlrpclib

iu2 israelu at elbit.co.il
Mon Oct 22 02:33:55 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I've copied the example of RPC usage from the Python's doc.
When the client and server were on the same PC ("localhost") (I use
Windows)
it worked ok. But putting the server on a different PC raised the
error:

gaierror: (11001, 'getaddrinfo failed')
The error was raised upion accessing some function of the server,
i.e.,
print s.add_nums(1, 2, 3)  # server registered function

PCs in our organization are accessed by "\\<name>" so I used

s = xmlrpclib.Server(r'http://\\pc_name:8000')
I got the same error when I put some non-existing name.
Trying to remove the double-backslash from the PC's name raised the
error:
error: (10061, 'Connection refused')

I'll appreciate your help on this.

Thanks