win32com COMAdminCatalogObject Value method

rc chlo.prog at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 11:12:09 EDT 2007

> Try objCOMAdminCatalogObject.SetValue("ID", AppID).
>
>          Roger- Hide quoted text -

When I try that I get exception:
AttributeError: Add.SetValue

I think the only valid methods are: Key(), Name(), Valid() and Value()

The thing I'm most confused about is that it seems to be getting into
the __getattr__ method, not the set, here's the whole error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\programming\python\dev\src\FullInstallScripts
\COMObjectFullInstall.py", line 74, in <module>
    CreateApplication()
  File "C:\programming\python\dev\src\FullInstallScripts
\COMObjectFullInstall.py", line 21, in CreateApplication
    objCOMAdminCatalogObject.SetValue("ID", AppID)
  File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\win32com\client\dynamic.py",
line 496, in __getattr__
    raise AttributeError, "%s.%s" % (self._username_, attr)
AttributeError: Add.SetValue