Python's coming... from unexpected angles.

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Tue Oct 16 07:19:26 EDT 2007

"Eric Brunel" <see.signature at no.spam> writes:

> Well, I'd definetely vote for a name change for PyPy, as in french,
> it's pronounced "pee-pee", and yes, it means what you think it
> means... ;-)

Does that mean you pronounce the word for the serpent as "pee-thon"?

Anyway, the pronunciation of "Python" (and hence the "Py" in "PyPy")
is however you pronounce that word in the name of the comedy troupe,
Monty Python. That's where the name originates, after all.

--
 \        "With Lisp or Forth, a master programmer has unlimited power |
  `\     and expressiveness. With Python, even a regular guy can reach |