M2Crypto possible intermittent bug

John Nagle nagle at animats.com
Thu Oct 11 22:17:55 EDT 2007

John Nagle wrote:
> Heikki Toivonen wrote:
>> John Nagle wrote:
>>>     Still having trouble reproducing the problem. But somewhere,
>>> something raised that bogus no-error exception three times.
>>> Anything that returns "(0, 'Error')" as exception data is a bug.
>>
>> If you can, build python and m2crypto with debug symbols, and place
>> breakpoints in |case SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL| blocks (from _ssl.i). Then rerun
>> the tests. That would be my first guess as to where these might be
>> coming from.
>
>    I don't have the right compiler to build it on Windows, and it
> doesn't seem to be failing on Linux.  It failed three times during
> one test run and hasn't failed since.  That makes me suspect an
> uninitialized data problem in C code.  I'll try to reproduce the
> problem.
>
>                 John Nagle

   I'm unable to reproduce the problem at this time. Even re-installingM2Crypto
doesn't make it recur.  I've been rerunning my regression test
over and over, and it's not repeatable.

   I suspect that for some reason Windows networking was generating
a local error, and the Windows error status to UNIX-like error status
conversion is wrong somewhere.

				John Nagle