Python 3.0 migration plans?

NickC ncoghlan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 17:42:34 EDT 2007

On Sep 30, 2:29 am, John Roth <JohnRo... at jhrothjr.com> wrote:
> I was thinking of starting work on converting Python FIT to 3.0, and
> then they posted PEP 3137. I think it's a real good idea, but it shows
> that 3.0a1 isn't ready for a conversion effort.
>
> http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3137/
>
> I'll look at it again in a year or so.
>
> John Roth

When 3.0b1 comes out is probably the time to start looking seriously
at conversion. Until then, major course corrections (like PEP 3137)
will still be a possibility. Before the first beta, the best idea is
probably just to keep a watchful eye on the development to see if you
spot any show-stopper problems that might lead to the need for such a
course correction :)

Regards,
Nick.