embedding error in python example

Eric_Dexter at msn.com Eric_Dexter at msn.com
Tue Oct 9 07:18:27 EDT 2007

On Oct 9, 6:11 am, "Eric_Dex... at msn.com" <Eric_Dex... at msn.com> wrote:
> I compiled the comand line example and I am getting an error when I
> try to use the program when the program is cleaning up (I don't know
> that it would prevent the program from running though I will run more
> tests)...  ebedpython test testt
> result of call: -1
> exception exceptions.TypeError: 'an integer is required' in ' 'garbage
> collection' ignored
> Fatal Python error: unexpected exception during garbage collection...
>
> the program is just
> test.py
>
> def testt():
>  x = 'test'
>
> doesn't realy do anything it was my first test of the program..
>
> I would be thankfull for any help..
>
> tagline I don't need no stinken tagline...

def testt():
    v = open('file.txt','w')
    v.write('test')
    v.close()
 #x := 'test'
 #print x

This seems to work but gives me the annoying looking error..  I now
have a file with the word test in it...  This is done with xp, with
python 2.5 dll and the example that you find when you look up python +
embed in google..  I copied all the .dll's in the root (msvcrt exc)
and python25.dll to the directory..  any help would be apreaceated..