_tkinter installation in python 2.5 on mandriva with a default 2.4

wyleu chris.lyon at spritenote.co.uk
Wed Oct 31 12:24:56 EDT 2007

> So where it tk.h located?

tk.h is now in just about every directory called include that could in
anyway be connected with this and indeed it does appear in the make
file printout:

/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ./Include/sysmodule.h /usr/local/include/
python2.5
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ./Include/timefuncs.h /usr/local/include/
python2.5
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ./Include/tk.h /usr/local/include/python2.5
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ./Include/token.h /usr/local/include/
python2.5
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ./Include/traceback.h /usr/local/include/
python2.5

however it still generates the same error message,
I've tried debugging setup.py in the distribution directory with idle
( python2.4.3 versions ) but not surprisingly that doesn't do anything
too impressive, as you would expect.
Short of stuffing lots of print statements in there to actual try and
locate the file names it's failing on I'm at a loss to see where to go
next.