Yet another comparison of Python Web Frameworks

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 08:49:13 EDT 2007

On Oct 7, 8:36 am, Bruno Desthuilliers
> Indeed. But AFAICT, Lawrence and Michele problems is not to port an
> existing web application, but to choose a web framework that will play
> well with their existing *system* (RDBMS, existing apps and libs etc).
> Which is quite another problem, and may eliminate some otherwise pretty
> good frameworks for compatibility reasons (DBMS support and other issues).
>
> (please Michele or Lawrence correct me if I'm wrong...)

Yes, our main concern is compatibility with the existing
system: for instance, one constraint is the MS SQL database.
Having said that, we would like to port parts of a Zope application to
the new framework, but I do not expect this to be
particularly difficult for the parts we want to migrate since
they are not really using Zope features. Other parts instead
would require a very substantial rewrite so for the moment I think
they will stay in Zope.

   Michele Simionato