New to Vim and Vim-Python

projecktzero projecktzero at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 25 11:51:02 EDT 2007

On Oct 24, 12:25 pm, Daniel Folkes <danfol... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am new to using Vim's scripts.
>
> I was wondering if anyone uses Vim-Python and how to use it?   This
> includes things like key bindings and such.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Daniel Folkes
> danfol... at gmail.com

I'm not exactly sure what you are talking about. Do you mean writing
Vim scripts in Python? I googled, Vim-Python and found a presentation
about it.

http://www.tummy.com/Community/Presentations/vimpython-20070225/vim.html

Or do you mean writing Python with Vim?

There's this blog entry about it.

http://www.petersblog.org/node/461

I enjoy writing python with Vim. The omni-complete works pretty well.

The TagList plug-in is pretty helpful:

Mini-buffer explorer is a good plug-in too:

SnippetsEmu is useful when I remember to trigger it for function defs
and class defs.

I also mapped a key to run the existing buffer through Pyflakes.

map <silent> <F9> :new <Bar> r!c:/Python25/python c:/Python25/scripts/
pyflakes #<CR>

You could use your favorite syntax checker like Pychecker or Pylint
instead of Pyflakes.