Some "pythonic" suggestions for Python

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Nov 10 01:00:51 EST 2007

"Paul Boddie" <paul at boddie.org.uk> wrote in message
news:1194656028.724112.47730 at o3g2000hsb.googlegroups.com...
| I started tracking some of the complaints about Python and comparing
| them to Python 3000's supposed remedies. It's interesting reading:
|
| http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonWarts

For ' Inconsistent/unpredictable comparisons/ordering' you write 'no
remedy'.  Actually, there will be a major change in 3.0, one that some have
asked for even if it is not what Mertz in particular wants.  (I am not sure
he will think after reading his article.)

I think you can regard 'No do statement' as rejected.  Some consider the
non-proliferation of loop constructs a feature.  I believe this includes
GvR.

There are a number of shortcomings that are being fixed but are not
listed -- at least one for every new feature.  So the list you present
strikes me as a somewhat biased.