Looking to learn python willing to clean up code

hdante at gmail.com hdante at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 20:54:43 EST 2007

On Nov 22, 11:36 pm, "Nathan McSween" <nwmcsw... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi I would like to learn python I have background in php, pawn, bash. I was
> wondering if anyone would like to show me the ropes or even just throw me
> some code that needs work and seeing what I come up with. Twisted python
> seems to have very bright people behind it using newer programming ideas
> which would tie in nicely with what I want to know. I have read programming
> python: novice to professional.

 Hi,

 Maybe you could play with "capivar hunter" (or capybara hunter). It's
a game a friend of mine developed just for fun a couple of years ago
(I've read it to learn a little and have even added some code to it).
It uses opengl, numeric python, tcp/ip and pickle/message passing. It
has a client/server architecture (I think the client did drawing and
the server had the logic). The game is completely trivial, it's a
first person shooter with that polygonal look. The game is in
sourceforge.

 A good task would be to add heuristics to the capybaras or add new
terrain objects (my friend wanted to add fractal trees once), while
ensuring that the code keeps clean and simple.

 :-)