String/Decimal issues

Mike Howarth hey at mikehowarth.co.uk
Sat Nov 10 12:02:01 EST 2007

Hi

Seem to be having a bit of brainfreeze this evening.

Basically I'm reducing an array of prices like so:
>> subtotal = reduce(operator.add, itemprices)

This gives me a string of '86.00.00' which I am trying to use with decimal
objects. Python 2.4 is not particularly happy with this.

Additionally I can't simply convert the string to a decimal as it would be
invalid given it has multiple decimal points.

Being relatively new to python, I'm not sure how I could round the string or
similar. Anyone got any ideas?