Python launcher not working on Mac after Leopard upgrade?

Cliff Harris cliff_harris at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 6 16:02:04 EST 2007

On Nov 5, 11:57 am, kyoso... at gmail.com wrote:
> On Nov 3, 7:57 am, André <andre.robe... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I just installed Leopard on my Mac.  I already was using Python 2.5.
> > I can run a Python script from a terminal window by typing "python
> > script.py" as one would expect ... but not using the Python launcher
> > either directly or indirectly (by double clicking on a Python icon).
> > Has anyone else observed this and, more importantly, found a fix for
> > this problem?
>
> > André

I can launch a script from IDLE as well as the command line.

If I start Python Launcher and choose File/Open... I get a dialog box: "The
document 'script.py' could not be opened".  It's definitely a Python
Launcher problem.  No fix so far.

One other thing I noticed is that when I opened any Python script in
TextEdit and then tried to save it with Cmd-S it said "The file could not be
saved".  After doing a Save As... on that one file everything was OK.  Now I
can save any Python script, not just the one that had the original problem.
I don't know if this is relevant, but it sure seems strange.