Is python.org blocking traffic from the ibm.com domain?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Nov 19 16:33:16 EST 2007

> IBM internal network security confirms that they are not blocking
> access to these sites, so we are guessing that the websites themselves
> are choosing not to respond, perhaps thinking that the volume of
> traffic from the ibm.com domain is spam or DOS attack.
>
> Can someone responsible for maintaining the website please check what
> is happening and help me (and the rest of the IBM community) get back
> into the python website ?

Please contact me with details of the client machine trying to access
PyPI. We do block selected clients if they are accessing the
site in an excessive manner, but we don't (currently) block entire networks.

It's not normally the fear of Spam or a DOS that causes such blocking,
but just regular overloading, typically from a machine that fails to
honor robots.txt.

Regards,
Martin