System exit hanging in Leopard

Tony Mullen mullen at nii.ac.jp
Thu Nov 8 08:54:23 EST 2007

Hello,

I'm using Tkinter to create widgets in Python 2.5 on OS X 10.5.  When
I call root.quit or sys.exit in any way, the following traceback
appears, after which the application stops responding and just gives
the spinning rainbow cursor.  The IDLE editor and the Python shell
remain responsive, and I can kill the application from the command
line, but not any other way.  I don't see anything problematic in the
traceback, but I don't think that the application should be hanging
like this.

Is this likely a Leopard-related issue?

Thanks for any responses,

Tony

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/tonymullen/Documents/ui", line 11, in <module>
    widget.mainloop()
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/lib-tk/Tkinter.py",
line 1023, in mainloop
    self.tk.mainloop(n)
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/lib-tk/Tkinter.py",
line 1405, in __call__
    raise SystemExit, msg
SystemExit