OPLC purchase period extended

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sat Nov 24 14:51:02 EST 2007

In article <13kgrdbf8eb7l34 at corp.supernews.com>,
Grant Edwards  <grante at visi.com> wrote:

>I've ordered mine, but I still haven't gotten an answer on how to sign
>up for the year of free T-Mobile WiFi access that's included in the
>offer.  The T-Mobile site says you need a PIN from your "confirmation
>letter".  I never I've gotten neither a confirmation letter nor a
>response to the e-mail I sent to OLPC asking about it. :/

Given past experience with T-Mobile, you probably need to give them both
social security number and a credit card, so I probably won't take them
up on their "free" offer.

>The XO laptop comes with a built-in Python IDE, so everybody on c.l.p
>ought to have one...

That was more-or-less my reasoning for getting one, but the clincher was
finding out on Tday that my sibling and spouse had independently decided
to get one for my nibling, so I really needed to get one in order to help
them.

Supposedly with the monochrome screen the battery life is good enough to
use the XO as an eBook reader...

"Typing is cheap.  Thinking is expensive."  --Roy Smith