Some <head> clauses cases BeautifulSoup to choke?

Frank Stutzman stutzman at skywagon.kjsl.com
Mon Nov 19 14:36:38 EST 2007

I've got a simple script that looks like (watch the wrap):
import BeautifulSoup,urllib

ifile = urllib.urlopen("http://www.naco.faa.gov/digital_tpp_search.asp?fldId
ent=klax&fld_ident_type=ICAO&ver=0711&bnSubmit=Complete+Search").read()

soup=BeautifulSoup.BeautifulSoup(ifile)
print soup.prettify()

and all I get out of it is garbage.  Other simular urls from the same site
work fine (use http://www.naco.faa.gov/digital_tpp_search.asp?fldId
ent=klax&fld_ident_type=ICAO&ver=0711&bnSubmit=Complete+Search as one example).

I did some poking and proding and it seems that there is something in the
<head> clause that is causing the problem.  Heck if I can see what it is.

I'm new to BeautifulSoup (heck, I'm new to python).  If I'm doing something
dumb, you don't need to be gentle.

--
Frank Stutzman