which Python ? asks beginner

Sat Nov 17 21:43:10 EST 2007

Dave WB3DWE wrote:
> Have given up Java. Want to switch to Python.  But _which_ ?
> There is ver :
>      2.5  out now
>      2.6  in beta , final expected Apr 2008
>      3.0   ? in alpha or beta
>      3.0 final expected Sep 2008 ?
> Will the real python please stand up.
>   Thanks,  Dave WB3DWE     pdlemper at earthlink.net

So in other words are you asking us should you use Python now (2.5) or
wait months before you start using it (2.6+)? That doesn't make much sense.

How hard is it to just start using the latest version? It's not like you
will have to learn a new language when 2.6 is released, or even 3.0.

If you had asked whether you should use 2.5 or *older* versions, that
would have made more sense. Your question as it is confuses me.