attaching someconfusing results in webbrowser.open on gnulinux

Sion Arrowsmith siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Thu Nov 1 11:20:08 EDT 2007

krishnakant Mane <researchbase at gmail.com> wrote:
> when I give webbrowser.open("file:///home/krishna/documents/tut.html")
>on python prompt I get true as return value but web browser (firefox )
>opens with page not found.
>and the address bar shows the following address which indeed is wrong.
>file:///home/krishna/"file:///home/krishna/documents/tut.html"
>I can't understand what is happening.

Neither can I, since webbrowser.open() (a) works fine for me
with a file: URL of that form using both Firefox and Konqueror
and (b) returns None in response to this success. This is with
2.4.4 -- what version are you running?

--
\S -- siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk -- http://www.chaos.org.uk/~sion/
        -- Arthur C. Clarke