scipy-0.6.0.win32-py2.5.exe does not install

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Fri Nov 23 05:37:10 EST 2007

On Nov 22, 8:50 pm, Frank Moyles <fgmoy... at nospam.com> wrote:
> Hi, I want to use SciPy library. I am using W2k, and ActiveState Python
> 2.5. I have succesfully numpy, but when I run the
> scipy-0.6.0.win32-py2.5.exe (from the downloads section on the SciPy
> page), nothing happens - i.e. no information is printed on the console,
> and the setup application simply quits with no warning/error message.
>
> has anyone managed to succesfully install SciPy using
> scipy-0.6.0.win32-py2.5.exe & ActiveState Python on W2k?
>
> Am I missing a step?

On Nov 22, 8:50 pm, Frank Moyles <fgmoy... at nospam.com> wrote:
> Hi, I want to use SciPy library. I am using W2k, and ActiveState Python
> 2.5. I have succesfully numpy, but when I run the
> scipy-0.6.0.win32-py2.5.exe (from the downloads section on the SciPy
> page), nothing happens - i.e. no information is printed on the console,
> and the setup application simply quits with no warning/error message.
>
> has anyone managed to succesfully install SciPy using
> scipy-0.6.0.win32-py2.5.exe & ActiveState Python on W2k?
>
> Am I missing a step?

Such installers have a GUI interface; one normally runs them by double-
clicking on the filename or icon in Windows Explorer. If you run it
from the command line in a Command Prompt window [I guess that's what
you mean by "console"], I'd expect it to pop up a GUI window and run
OK (with nothing printed on the console) -- at least that's what it
did for me, with Windows XP SP2 and Windows 2000 SP4.  The W2k box
doesn't have Python 2.5; SciPy installation does get as far as
detecting Python 2.5 isn't there.

Perhaps your download was corrupt; consider trying it again.

HTH,
John