"Python" is not a good name, should rename to "Athon"

Bjoern Schliessmann usenet-mail-0306.20.chr0n0ss at spamgourmet.com
Fri Nov 30 15:05:15 EST 2007

ureuffyrtu955 at gmail.com wrote:
> First, python also means snake, Monty Python. If we search
> "python" in google, emule, many results are not programming
> resource. If we search PHP, all results are programming resource.

Who cares? No one looking for special Python programming tips will
use only "python" as search term.

> Second, python also means snake, snake is not a good thing in
> western culture. Many people dislike any things relevant to snake.
> We must have high regard for the custom.

You're not serious, are you?

BTW, PHP has already been confused with a drug in USA.

> Now, python3000 is coming. It's the best time to rename!

IMHO: No. Python has a good reputation and renaming would create
confusion.

> Athon is a good candidate, you could provide better names.
>
> In Athon, the first letter "A" could pronounce as [ e ] .

This is confusing and a boring of-the-shelf name.

Regards,

Björn

--
BOFH excuse #399: