Problem in Installing/using OpenOpt

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 23:57:44 EST 2007

abcd efgh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am facing some problem in installing the OpenOpt optimization toolbox.

The place to ask would be the scipy-users mailing list.

  http://www.scipy.org/Mailing_Lists

> What I have done is I downloaded the OpenOpt package and added the
> folder containing scikits to the PythonPath by:
>
> sys.path.append('C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\openopt')

That's not how you install this package. You need to run the following command:

  python setup.py install

You will need to install the packages numpy and setuptools, first:

  http://pypi.python.org/pypi/numpy
  http://pypi.python.org/pypi/setuptools

--
Robert Kern