Populating a dictionary, fast

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Sun Nov 11 17:23:13 EST 2007

DouhetSukd <DouhetSukd at gmail.com> writes:

> Ah, well, just noticed Ben's suggested this already.  Mind you, his
> code, while correct in intent, does look a bit fishy (missing those
> square brackets)

By "missing those square brackets", what would be a list comprehension
(allocating an entire list in memory at once before proceeding)
becomes a generator expression (generating results from the sequence
only as needed).

Enter 'python "generator expression"' into your favourite search
engine to find out more.

--
 \       "What I resent is that the range of your vision should be the |
  `\                              limit of my action."  -- Henry James |