Python web frameworks

Istvan Albert istvan.albert at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 12:00:55 EST 2007

On Nov 21, 12:15 am, Graham Dumpleton <Graham.Dumple... at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I would say that that is now debatable. Overall mod_wsgi is probably a
> better package in terms of what it has to offer. Only thing against
> mod_wsgi at this point is peoples willingness to accept something that
> is new in conjunction with Linux distributions and web hosting
> companies being slow to adopt new packages.

Yes that is to be expected, many people want someone else to pay the
early adopter's costs. Nonetheless mod_wsgi seems like the right
direction to move the python world.

One confounding factor that may slow its adoption could be the need of
running plain old CGI in an efficient way. I'm not sure how that fits
into the WSGI picture.

i.