extension to idle to clear screen - but how to write to screen?

owl john_nowlan at carleton.ca
Thu Nov 15 15:20:29 EST 2007

and here I thought I was going to finally be able to change the world
AND contribute back to python with my amazing clear screen extension -
but I can't get it to work. ;(

Copying from ZoomHeight.py and someone else's clever print suggestion:
# My Clear extension: clear a window

class Clear:

    menudefs = [
        ('windows', [
            ('_Clear', '<<clear>>'),
         ])
    ]

    def __init__(self, editwin):
        self.editwin = editwin

    def clear_event(self, event):
	for i in range(60):
            print

It shows up as a menu item, but does not do anything. No output,
nuffin.
I did get some sort of 'no connection msg' playing around which leads
me to believe that I can't really write to the window (at least not
this simplistically)...

Pointers?