Convert some Python code to C++

Loic Mahe loic.mahe at nospam.fr
Wed Nov 14 06:42:59 EST 2007

meyousikmann at yahoo.com a écrit :
> For those that understand algorithms and can talk Python, I want to
> convert the Python code in the section "Reading out all LCSs" into C++
> code but I don't understand some of the syntax.  Can anyone give me a
> hand?
>
> def backTrackAll(C, X, Y, i, j):
>     if i == 0 or j == 0:
>         return set([""])
>     elif X[i-1] == Y[j-1]:
>         return set([Z + X[i-1] for Z in backTrackAll(C, X, Y, i-1,
> j-1)])
>     else:
>         R = set()
>         if C[i][j-1] >= C[i-1][j]:
>             R.update(backTrackAll(C, X, Y, i, j-1))
>         if C[i-1][j] >= C[i][j-1]:
>             R.update(backTrackAll(C, X, Y, i-1, j))
>         return R
>
> Thanks!

just have a look at this tutorial: and look for Lists and Sets
http://docs.python.org/tut/tut.html

and look in the reference index for set() and list() in
http://docs.python.org/lib/genindex.html

or just pick the algo in another language in the url you give

or tell us precisely what part of the python algo you do not understant!